Camp Galileo Teaches Innovation to its Campers
Galileo Learning is the only bay area day camp that allows kids the opportunity to not only create, but innovate. With healthy daily lunches and fun themes each week, this summer camp is ideal for pre-K through 5th grade. Best of all, they are offering a discount code for those who register before June 1st.
Q: Tell us a little about yourself and how you started the camp
A: Galileo Learning brings quality summer day camps to kids across the Bay Area. We work with campers from Pre-Kindergarten through 8th grade, and offer four different programs:
- Camp Galileo (Pre-K – rising 5th graders): Campers engage in hands-on art, science and outdoor activities every day, plus have tons of fun with camp traditions like team color day, water ball and capture the rubber chicken.
- Galileo Summer Quest (rising 5th– 8th graders): Campers try their hands at the things they love, diving into one exciting major during each weeklong session, with options like Go-Kart Makers, Fashion Design, Video Game Design and Chefology.
- The Tech Summer Camps (rising 4th-8th graders): Hands-on science and technology classes for aspiring scientists and engineers at the Tech Museum in San Jose.
- Chabot Space & Science Camp (rising 3rd-7th graders): Fun engineering, technology, earth and space science classes at the Chabot Space and Science Center in Oakland.
We started in 2002 with one camp in Palo Alto with 200 campers, and now operate camps at 33 locations across the Bay Area, serving over 30,000 weeks of camp!
Q: Are there any special lessons or experiences you are trying to provide during the camp?
A: Galileo Learning’s mission is to develop innovators who envision and create a better world. All of our summer camps embrace that mission through the Galileo Innovation Approach, which encourages campers to develop an innovator’s mindset, teaches them a process for innovating and helps them gain the knowledge they need to develop their ideas. Our camps are designed to bring out the Galileo Innovator in every camper—inspiring and empowering kids to make their creative mark on the world.
Q: What surprises/delights the kids (or parents) most about your camp?
A: Campers love Galileo summer camps because they’re really fun. But parents tell us what keeps them coming back is the impact our programs have on their campers’ confidence and creativity long after the summer ends. We do it with exceptional staff, thoughtful curriculum, an innovative approach to learning and plenty of fun!
Q: Do you have any new and/or exciting features that have been added to your camp this year?
A: Four brand-new curriculum themes at Camp Galileo:
- Galileo Olympics: Greek Art & The Science of The Games
- Celebrate the Golden Gate: SF Art & Bridge Engineering
- Leonardo’s Apprentice: Renaissance Art & Inventions
- Galileo Rocks! The Art & Science of Music
- A new 1-week format and an expanded suite of 14 majors at Galileo Summer Quest, including Video Game Design, Chefology, Digital Filmmaking, Go-Kart Makers, Painter’s Studio, Fashion Design and Lego Robotics
- Extended care until 6:00pm at Camp Galileo, Galileo Summer Quest and Chabot Space & Science Camp
- Delicious daily lunch options at all of our camps
- Big discounts for enrolling in 2+ sessions: Save $20 off your camper’s 2nd week of camp, $40 off the 3rd week and $60 off the 4th and beyond, plus save 50% off ALL extended care when you enroll for 2 or more weeks
Q: Do you offer any promotional discounts to those who register early?
A: We would like to provide a discount of $20 off per camper! Enter code: SIGNUPFORCAM2012 when you register, and save $20. We are offering this until June 1st.